I often have a bunch of links that I send to friends and family over the week, so I thought I’d copy @brisboune who sensibly does the something similar and start posting them up.
- Seth Godins first Linchpin Video – Gary Vee sixty second video: http://sethgodin.typepad.com/seths_blog/2010/02/linchpin-videos-first-in-a-series.html
- Who is using the internet infographic: http://mashable.com/2010/02/02/state-of-the-internet-image/
- Facebook still big: http://www.insidefacebook.com/2010/02/01/facebook-traffic-reaches-nearly-375-million-monthly-active-users-worldwide-led-by-us/
- Virility is all about making your users look cool: http://blog.hellohenrik.com/?p=1870 – via @andrew_chen
- Great notes on customer aquisition: http://andrewchenblog.com/2010/01/31/notes-on-customer-acquisition-and-viral-marketing-from-first-round-capital-ceo-summit
- Fifty ways to be more persuasive: http://www.moskalyuk.com/blog/yes-50-scientifically-proven-ways-to-be-persuasive/1624
- The Danger of Crocodile Sales (Spot listening vs Talking) http://www.bothsidesofthetable.com/2010/02/03/the-danger-of-crocodile-sales/
I particularly like the last and first here. The last point is important, sales is about asking the right questions and building a rapport i.e. them talking not you. The first is Gary Vee who’s rubbing our faces in reality, we can be really great at a small number of things or average at everything.